Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Information about me and my family

This has been sent by one of my students, Shivan Bakshi. I feel it to be a very educative exprience and would like to share it with you.

You may think why am I talking about a terror country like Pakistan. Well, Pakistan is actually my village (Lahore & Rawalpindi). My grandfather was born and brought up in Lahore and my grandmother was born in Rawalpandi. We are Hindu Punjabis, normally known as Pathans by Pakistanis.

In the recent past I had visited my village in Lahore where my father owns a plot of 25-35 acres. The plot actually belongs to my great grand father. Now it is in my father’s name. After visiting Lahore and Sind Punjab of Pakistan I met Pakistanis who welcomed me wholeheartedly. I never felt that they hate Indians as the history of India and Pakistan goes. I had seen many B-schools located in Karachi, the centre of business and finance activities.

Pakistan is a poor country. I really felt sad looking at Muslims around me who were literally fighting for their lives. The situation in Pakistan of Muslims is miserable. In Sindh Punjab I saw the stone which is said to be on an edge halted of a big hill. If you see it you may feel it will fall. But it wont. People say Sikh’s God Gurunanak was sitting with his followers at a place in Sindh Punjab and this big stone was about to fall from the hill side area. The followers were about to run. Gurunanak told his followers not to worry. He looked at the big stone coming in his direction. He raised his hand towards it and said “Rook ja” means stop. The stone did not fall and still is in the same direction since many years.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah is considered to be the founder of Pakistan. You may be surprised to know that Jinnah’s daughter Dina got married to a Parsi-Christian. She got separated after 3-4 years. She then married the richest Parsi family’s son- Wadias. Nusli Wadia is the son of Jinnah’s daughter Dina Wadia who is now 85 years old. Jinnah owned a bungalow in Malabar Hills at Mumbai which is now in the custody of the Indian government. The bungalow is located at Mount Pleasant Road, now known as Bhausaheb Hirey Marg.

I read many things about Jinnah. You wont believe he had a major contribution in our fight against the British. He was a well qualified barrister. He used to charge high fees at that time. He was born in 1876 and died due to TB and lung cancer. He is a great man whom I admire now.

No comments: