Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Father Of The Century

Father’s Day: The Story of Team Hoyt

This Father's Day, pay tribute to a man many call 'The Father of the Century'. Here is an inspiring story of a father-son duo.

Team Hoyt is an inspirational story of a father, Dick Hoyt, and his son, Rick, who compete together in marathons and triathlons across the country.

Team Hoyt strives to help those who are physically disabled become active members of the community. Join us in spreading Team Hoyt's message, "Yes You Can!"

Sunday is the 100th anniversary of Father’s Day. And as expected, I hadn’t (still haven’t) really thought of doing anything to prove to my father now special he is. He doesn’t need a particular day to be told how much I respect and appreciate him. It seems hypocritical to say ‘I love you, dad’ one day and take him for granted the rest of the year.

So, with this blog post, it may seem like I’m contradicting myself. But that’s ok. Because when I came across this story, I felt compelled to write about it. And would have written about it even if it wasn’t Father’s Day.

While surfing the internet, I came across a wonderful story of a father-son duo. They’re popularly known as Team Hoyt. Rick has cerebral palsy. His inability to talk or walk could have handicapped him, if it weren’t for his father.

Dick Hoyt made sure his son led as normal a life as any other child of his age would. From helping his son receive a college degree to participating in marathons, this father didn’t leave any stone unturned to make a difference to his son’s life.

So there you go. Dick Hoyt, an inspiration for millions all over the world. Their story is worth sharing, even if that means I’ve to go back on my words and celebrate Father’s Day.

If you have an inspiring story you’d like to share with our readers, we would be happy to read them.

If you want to more about Team Hoyt do check out this: http://www.teamhoyt.com/index.html

No comments: